We started with a simple idea - everyone deserves the opportunity to build foundational wealth. Professionally managed, private real estate is one of the world’s best wealth-building asset classes, but it has remained too exclusive for too long. Our mission is to open up access to passive income and capital appreciation strategies so that everyone has the opportunity to build their own real estate portfolio.
We are composed of some of the best professionals in the world from real estate investments, financial technology, product, and marketing. We share a common mission - reinvent the world’s oldest asset category for a new generation of real estate investors. We’ve built a mobile application and a proprietary platform driven by technology-forward principles. This is so much more than your rich uncle’s traditional real estate portfolio.
Why you will make an impact
We’re looking for an exceptional Compliance Manager to help build the beating heart of our app platform. We are seeking a motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented candidate to support the strategy, development, and implementation of all aspects related to the management of Concreit’s product lifecycle from a compliance perspective. This person will ensure that all new product initiatives, or changes to existing product constructs, are thoroughly evaluated for compliance risks. A successful candidate for this role will have strong collaboration and communication skills, as this role will serve as the primary compliance point of contact for the Fund Management and Product teams. This person will partner closely with Operations to gain visibility into all planned product changes and will advise them on such changes from a compliance perspective.
This position will demand critical thinking skills, the ability to quickly understand existing systems, and the ability to work in agile environments. The ability to take smart and educated risks is essential to the success of this position. You will have an opportunity to work with the co-founders and an established product team. If you have all that and a passion for building quality experiences to make it easier for investors to use the Concreit app, then we want you on our team!
A look inside the role:
- Collaborates with the Fund Management, Product, and Operations team to gain insight into compliance risks associated with the line of business activities, objectives, practices, processes, and the overall control environment.
- Identify creative solutions to compliance-related challenges to support business innovation and growth, while still maintaining a standard of compliance excellence.
- Iterate on the Design process relating to compliance change management to achieve a best-in-class program.
- Provides leadership and direction in identifying the applicability and impact of consumer laws and regulations on Concreit’s line of business
- Assists in the review and interpretation of new or changes to existing laws or regulations related to privacy, including assessments of the impacts to the business
- Performs risk and control assessments in line with methodology, scope, and frequency.
- Proactively manages remediation of compliance-related issues from issuance to closure.
- Documents reports summarizing results of privacy risk assessments as well as emerging risks, regulatory updates, audit and exam summaries, and issue tracking which are provided to the Compliance team.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 3-5 years of regulation compliance, risk management, and/or audit experience with a strong focus on laws and regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of Financial Laws, Rules, and Regulations
- CIPP, CIPM, CRCM, Paralegal, or other relevant certifications preferred.
- Understanding of compliance risk management practices and methodologies, including risk assessment and control assessments.
- Experience building out a compliance monitoring program.
- Extensive experience effectively utilizing financial systems for operations, financial analysis, and data extraction
- Demonstrated experience in working with management, and supporting senior leadership needs
- High ethical standards, strong critical thinking, detective, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Background in establishing a new product approval program in financial services/tech environments.
- Experience interfacing with regulators and other governmental stakeholders, as well as C suite executives
- Experience working in fintech, finance, or real estate
- Advanced investment knowledge, especially a deeper understanding of the administration/operation of funds
- Flexibility to work from home, remote, or in the office
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- Ability to work remote
At Concreit, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.